The Epilepsy Centre of SA & NT (EASANT) strives to provide effective epilepsy information and support, education and research. Our services are available to individuals, family members, friends and professionals irrespective of their age, gender, sexual preference, ethnicity, disability, socio-economic circumstances, religious beliefs or political affiliation.
EASANT staff code of conduct is one of the ways we put our values into practice. It is built around the recognition that everything we do in connection with our work will be, and should be, measured against the highest possible standards of ethical conduct. Our commitment to the highest standards helps us recruit highly capable people, build services
and attract loyal supporters.
Understanding your rights and responsibilities as a client of the EASANT is central to sustaining a good relationship between you and EASANT staff.
•a reportable incident involving a client of the service
•a referral to which you agree
•a situation where safety issues are of concern
•where required by specific law/legislation.
7. Access to your personal file/record except where such access is prohibited by law.
8. Provide feedback to staff in a respectful manner and request another staff member if unhappy with the service. A complaint can be made directly to staff, their manager, via phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You have a right to expect that your complaint will be investigated appropriately, in confidence and without bias.
If resolution of your complaint is not achieved via the EASANT Complaint Procedure or you are not comfortable to raise the concern with us first, you have other avenues for resolution that you may contact. Details can be found on page 4 of this document.
9. Apply to the Equal Opportunity Commission if you believe your rights have been breached:
Phone: (08) 8207 1977 or 1800 188163
10. Whilst receiving supports from the EASANT, or if wishing to make a complaint, you may like to receive support from another person such as a family member or friend. You also have the right to seek support or from an independent advocate of your choosing.
More information available from the NDIS website: https://www.ndis.gov.au/
1. Be respectful of others, including volunteers and clients of the EASANT.
2. Be respectful of EASANT staff.
3. Attend the service in a fit state (not under the influence of illicit drugs or alcohol).
4. Inform our staff if you are aware of any risks to them inthe course of their work with you.
5. Maintain confidentiality regarding information about other clients, staff or participants in groups or programs conducted by the EASANT.
6. Provide accurate and up-to-date information about yourself in order to receive the best possible epilepsy support.
7. Make every attempt to contact staff if you are unable to attend your appointment at the agreed time.
8. Pay any fees as agreed to with staff in the manner that was agreed to, either before or after the end of your appointment, group program or education session as required.
9. Provide positive feedback if you are happy with the services you have received. However, if you are unhappy with the service received you can speak with or write to the relevant staff member or contact their manager via the contact details provided below.
10. Uphold the responsibilities outlined in this document, and understand that failure to do so may result in the EASANT withdrawing access to our services.
If you are interested in learning more about your rights and responsibilities and view relevant policies and procedures, please contact The Epilepsy Centre of SA & NT on:
P: 1300 850 081
You have a right to expect that your complaint will be investigated appropriately, in confidence and without bias. If resolution of your complaint is not achieved via The Epilepsy Centre of SA & NT Complaint Procedure or you are not comfortable to raise the concern with us first, you have other avenues for resolution that you may contact.
Details of these organisations are below:
Fullarton SA (08) 8272 1988
State Government Office (08) 8226 8800
Salisbury SA (08)282 5500
72 Lipson St, Port Adelaide SA 1800 800 110
15/31 Ayliffes Rd, St Marys SA 1800 800 110